There is nothing more vulnerable than a small baby, and no one more fearful than parents of a newborn who is struggling. We hope that the little things we make provide the families they are given to some comfort during an extremely difficult time.


Our Mission

To provide a piece of comfort and tenderness to infants staying in the neo-natal intensive care unit and their families during a time of immense stress.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Here we go!

So here we go. I have made contact with the first hospital that will be receiving blankets from The GracieJane Project. There are still many details to be worked out, but I'm happy to say that they are on board and I'm ready to start making the quilts.

I'm thinking that I will start to love Jelly Rolls even more during this process. I've even ordered my first Honey Bun! I want the fabrics to be as modern as possible, something that I would use in my own home, something that reflects the great designers out there these days.

I'm also a littlle scared, I've never really taken on anything quite like this before, I know that there will be bumps in the road, but I have to remember that none of my quilting issues will ever compare with anything that these families are going through.

So here's to happy quilting, I'm off to start a tag design!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! & this will be certainly a worthy cause. When you get started share your story with Homemakers or Canadian Living and the word will fly with other willing helpers.
    When I was at Red Cross we had volunteers that made preemie outfits for the newborns in the neonatal unit.

    I can't thread a needle but I can certainly help with encouragement! Do take care and I do have some connections for fabric so I will see what I can do for you! Love Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to help out in any way. I'm blessed with two darling daughters and most recently my niece arrived healthy, safe and sound. I would love to honour them and help out your project at the same time.

    ReplyDelete